Jews residing in Vorden initially belonged to the Jewish community at Lochem. In 1877, the Jews of Vorden purchased ground for a cemetery of their own along the Wildenborchseweg near the castle "De Wildenborch". In 1882, the Jewish community at Vorden was granted independent status. At the time, religious services were held in the house of one of the community.
The independent Jewish community at Vorden survived only for a half-century. In 1930 the last Jewish family left Vorden. Three years later, Vorden was placed under the jurisdiction of the Lochem community once again. The Jewish cemetery at Vorden has been maintained by the local authorities since 1959.
The Jewish population of Vorden and surroundings:
The size of the Jewish community over time