In 1821 the Jewish community of Klundert obtained the status of independent Bijkerk in the Ringgemeente of Roosendaal. Quite soon after the town lost its autonomy to be recognized again as Bijkerk in 1863. The small number of Jewish inhabitants of Klundert constructed the church that was lifted around 1900. The Jewish cemetery on the Blauwhoefseweg, originally the property of the Association of the Jewish Cemetery in Klundert, is now maintained by the local authorities.
The Jewish population of Klundert and surroundings:
The size of the Jewish community over time