After the war, the Amersfoort Jewish community was established anew. The synagogue on the Drieringensteeg was re-consecrated. In 1949, its badly damaged interior was fully restored. From 1960 until 2008, in addition to a fully functioning Jewish community, Amersfoort was home to the Sinai psychiatric hospital of the Central Association for Jewish Mental Health. In 2008 the Sinai Centre moved to Amsterdam.
In 1999, a memorial in the form of a scroll bearing the names of the 333 Jews of Amersfoort murdered during the war was unveiled at the local historical museum, the Flehite Museum. The scroll will be moved to a permanent place at Amersfoort's municipal information center.
In the summer of 2000, during the restoration of a building at Muurhuizen 26, remains were recovered belonging to the former Mikve (Jewish ritual bath) that had stood at the site from 1737 to 1943.
On the site of Kamp Amersfoort a holocaust memorial was unveiled in May 2013. The monument consists of a concrete relief that was originally on the facade of the Apeldoornsche Bosch.
The Jewish population of Herwijnen and surroundings:
The size of the Jewish community over time