With the creation of the central Jewish consistory of the Netherlands (Nederlands Israëlitisch Kerkgenootschap) in 1821, the Capelle community was awarded the status of "Bijkerk" or local community belonging to the "Ringsynagoge" or regional community of the city of Tilburg. In the same year, the Jewish community of the village of Waalwijk came under the aegis of Capelle. The Waalwijk community was granted independent status in 1835. In 1908, the leadership of the Jewish communities of the province of Northern Brabant informed the central consistory that the Capelle community ceased to exist. In 1910, the Capelle community was formally dissolved and the locality was assigned to the jurisdiction of the Jewish community of the town of Geertruidenberg.
The Jewish population of Capelle and surroundings:
The size of the Jewish community over time